I have been involved with dog training for over 27 years.
I started with Siberian Huskies doing breed competition, sled dog training, obedience competition, agility, tracking and therapy dog work.
I rescued a Golden Retriever 17 years ago and have been hooked on the breed ever since, doing search and rescue, obedience competition, agility competition, tracking titles, conformation, field training, breed competition and therapy dog work.
I have earned several competition titles on 2 breeds in Obedience, 3 Rally Obedience titles, Novice, Open and Excellent agility titles, tracking dog titles and owner handled Conformation Titles on multiple Golden Retrievers.
Two of my dogs are in the Veterinary Hall of Fame for their work at 9/11.
I have been providing training classes for over 18 years for individuals and groups.
I also work with canine problem behaviors including fear issues, neurotic behaviors, separation anxiety, etc.
Twenty nine years ago I became involved with therapy dog work and became an evaluator for Therapy Dogs International. I am currently a certified evaluator with Bright and Beautiful Therapy Dog Organization. I was instrumental in starting the Paws For Reading program at a local library. My dogs make regular visits to Nursing Homes, hospitals, libraries and school systems and work with special needs children. I have also conducted educational programs with the dogs in school systems from Grade School through Master's level programs.
Certifications & Affiliations:
- Member of Bayshore Companion Dog Club
- I am Past President, Vice President and Recording Secretary for the Garden State Siberian Husky Club.
- I am also Past President, Vice president and Board member for the Bayshore Companion Dog Club.
- In addition, I have been very involved with Siberian Husky and Golden Retriever Rescue for many years.
- Former Evaluator for Therapy Dogs International
- Current Evaluator for Bright and Beautiful Therapy Dog Organization.
- AKC evaluator for CGC program